Blog News


Yesterday we finished off the Ghibli Series having covered 23 films and a handful of truly immense pictures. Echoing what was said at the end of the post, I'd just like to say thanks to anyone who read it through. The series are often bigger projects that see the blog and myself in one place when they're started and quite a different place by the time they're done. And having coming to the end of the Ghibli series--having worked on a few different projects where larger bodies of works are analysed--I feel that I'm in a better position to provide stronger posts for you. The downside of this is a yearning to redo the series completely as, retrospectively, I, of course, think it could have been much better. The upside of this, however, is that I will channel much of what I learnt into other series as well as posts in the future that will serve as additional content for the Ghibli series.

The series that I'll be focusing on next will be the one exploring Michael Bay's Transformer films. This, much like all of the series, has been on a slight break recently because I have a heavy work load outside of the blog as of now that should be lifted in the next 3 weeks or so. However, as the series continues, I hope to provide a subtly new and better type of post for you. Something to look out for.

After getting through a selection of other films for the Kaleidoscope series, I shall be putting all my efforts into the Bay and Every Year Series in particular. (The World Cinema Series, as it aimed to be, was more an exploration and a challenge to seek out and watch films, not always analyse them in depth, and so this will remain a casual series). After the Bay series, however, I am thinking of opening up new series in the same vein of the Vigo, Bay, Disney and Ghibli series. I am then interested in exploring all the films of directors such as Kubrick, Kurosawa, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Buñuel and more. So, this is something to look forward to in the future.

But, top priority for now is the Kaleidoscope series. I have four more posts planned and am pushing to get the next Every Year post out as soon as possible, but it is proving difficult to get done as of now. Don't despair, however, it will be here soon. And with all of that said, I'll leave things as such.

Thanks for reading.





Popular Posts