For Annabelle Part II


For a mobile friendly version of this page please follow the link:


This is part 2 of 4. If you want to download and own this in full as an ebook, please follow the links...



The pricing on Smashwords is dependent on you. You may choose to download the ebook for free or pay otherwise.

For the first part on the blog:


Comment below or tell me what you think at:



Let's continue...


INT. PHARMACY - DAY

This pharmacy is one of those really clean, really bright and pale places.

There's a woman, twenty-something, PHARMACIST, behind the till and a few customers in the shop.

Outside the window there's the desert again. There's absolutely no indication that the pharmacy is in any kind of town or even on Earth.

Backpacker walks up to the Pharmacist, zipping his bag up and putting it on his back.

BACKPACKER

Hey, what's up?

PHARMACIST

Hey, how are you doing today?

Backpacker is taken aback.

BACKPACKER

Huh?

PHARMACIST

How are you doing today, sir?

BACKPACKER

Sir? I don't know about that...

Pharmacist laughs.

PHARMACIST

How can I help?

BACKPACKER

I don't know...

PHARMACIST

You don't need anything?

BACKPACKER

Well, we'll see about that...

Backpacker looks past her at the shelves of boxed tablets, pills and so on.

She follows his gaze over her shoulder, confused.

BACKPACKER

Isn't there one of those technician people around?

PHARMACIST

What do you mean?

BACKPACKER

Like a second guy. You know, it's normally an old man. They put the brains in the back, and the beauty up front--oh, that was bad. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to imply... um... insinuate... that...

PHARMACIST

He's ill -

Backpacker laughs to himself.

PHARMACIST

What's so funny?

BACKPACKER

I'm sure it's nothing... irony I guess.

PHARMACIST

Are you all right?

BACKPACKER

Ok... Here's the truth. I'm supposed to come here to pick up something, but I've lost the um... what do you call it?

PHARMACIST

The prescription.

BACKPACKER

Yes, that's the one.

PHARMACIST

Well then -

BACKPACKER

Actually. No... it's not that.

Backpacker looks over his shoulder at the people in the shop.

There are three browsing.

PHARMACIST

Sir -

BACKPACKER

Sir?

PHARMACIST

Are you all right?

BACKPACKER

You asked that already.

PHARMACIST

But you never answered...

Backpacker turns back to her and smiles.

She doesn't know how to react.

BACKPACKER

Could you come and help me?

He steps away from the counter and backs toward the door.

Pharmacist isn't sure.

BACKPACKER

Please.

PHARMACIST

I've got to -

BACKPACKER

(gesturing for her to follow)

It's just...

She starts stepping away from the counter.

BACKPACKER

... something...

She gets out from behind the counter and starts to follow Backpacker toward the doors.

BACKPACKER

It's just something small... but it's important, you know... it's just one of those things.

They stop at the doors.

PHARMACIST

What is going on?

He leans in close.

She flinches and tries to back away.

PHARMACIST

What the -

BACKPACKER

I'm sorry. I should have... Don't worry, I need to tell you something.

Her concern only grows...

BACKPACKER

I have to whisper...

He leans in again. She backs away.

BACKPACKER

What's wrong?

PHARMACIST

This is... it's very weird.

A box falls off the shelf behind the Pharmacist.

Backpacker picks it up, in doing so, Pharmacist moves away, her back to the door.

Backpacker puts the box back on the shelf and turns back to her.

BACKPACKER

Listen -

He steps toward her, she backs away, but hits the door, closed in.

She looks at the gun sticking out underneath his shirt.

BACKPACKER

I know it's weird, but just listen, you'll see in a second.

She presses up against the 'pull' sign on the door, really unsure of what he's capable of, or what he's going to do, too scared to scream.

He stands close again, a customer walks around the aisle, stumbling across them.

BACKPACKER

It's all right. Could you just give us a second to talk?

The customer backs away.

Backpacker turns to the Pharmacist and gets close to her face.

PHARMACIST

This is really uncomfortable, I don't think this is...

BACKPACKER

Just listen.

He puts his mouth near her ear. Pharmacist is screaming in her head.

BACKPACKER

(whispering)

I need you to use your keys to lock this door.

PHARMACIST

What?

BACKPACKER

Shh!

She jumps out of her skin.

There's an awkward silence in which she asks herself if she should fight to get away, or listen to what the creep has to say.

BACKPACKER

(whispering still)

Go ahead...

PHARMACIST

(now whispering)

What?

BACKPACKER

It'll have to be into my ear. I can't hear you otherwise.

She reluctantly puts her mouth near his ear.

PHARMACIST

What do you want from me?

He looks into her eyes, their noses millimetres from touching.

BACKPACKER

What have you been eating? Your breath smells wonderful.

Pharmacist is truly terrified. She does all she can to hide it.

BACKPACKER

Smells like childhood, you know. Like sweet, sugary stuff. I guess you got a lot of that stuff around though.

He looks into her eyes again.

BACKPACKER

The keys?

PHARMACIST

What?

BACKPACKER

Don't you remember? That's why we're here... I want you to lock the doors.

PHARMACIST

Why?

BACKPACKER

I can't tell you now, I want to, but... you've just got to lock the doors first.

PHARMACIST

Ok?

She's on the brink of tears.

BACKPACKER

Oh no, no, no, no. I don't want you to cry. Please don't, you'll make me feel horrible. A beautiful woman like yourself shouldn't be crying. Here's what we're going to do. We're going to make sure you're comfortable... ok?

Confused, she nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

And then we're going to lock the door... ok? You can nod again.

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Ok. So, what can I do for you?

She doesn't know what to say. Tears start rolling down her cheeks.

Backpacker sympathetically wipes them away.

BACKPACKER

Come on, what is it?

PHARMACIST

Please, just leave.

BACKPACKER

I'm sorry, I really am. But... I'm going to have to say no. But listen, I want to make this easy...

He caresses her face and starts to play with her hair.

PHARMACIST

Get off.

Backpacker looks at her, eyebrows wrinkled, asking if that's what she really meant. She shrinks.

PHARMACIST

Please, just... I need space.

He gives her a little more space, taking hold of her her hand, looking into her eyes again, now mesmerised.

He stares at her for what feels like forever. Not once can she keep eye contact for more than a second.

BACKPACKER

Ok, where are the keys?

PHARMACIST

My... pocket.

BACKPACKER

Which?

She starts to cry again.

PHARMACIST

My...

Another customer walks around the corner.

CUSTOMER

What's going on here?

BACKPACKER

Please, this is important. Something has happened... she's crying, you know... I'm trying to figure things out...

CUSTOMER

Who are you?

BACKPACKER

I'm her brother.

The customer looks to the Pharmacist. Pharmacist reluctantly nods back.

BACKPACKER

I'm sorry, could you just give us a moment.

The customer turns the corner again.

Backpacker turns back to her and smiles.

She sighs, trying to hold back tears, hands to her sides, gripping her lab coat, eyes to the ceiling.

BACKPACKER

The keys.

PHARMACIST

My back pocket.

She goes to reach for them. Backpacker grabs her hand and holds it to his chest.

BACKPACKER

It's all right... I've got it.

He kisses both her hands.

BACKPACKER

You don't mind?

She looks away.

BACKPACKER

Come on.

He guides her focus back on to him by carefully turning her face.

BACKPACKER

There we are... you don't mind?

She shakes her head, no.

Backpacker lets go of her hands to reach around and lift the lab coat.

Pharmacist whimpers.

BACKPACKER

It's all right.

He puts his hand into one of her back pockets, it's empty.

She winces at his touch.

He goes into the other pocket to find the keys.

He puts them in her hands and smiles.

BACKPACKER

I'll let you do the honours.

She turns and locks the door.

Backpacker is right up behind her giving her practically no room to breath.

BACKPACKER

Hand me the keys.

She turns, passing them back.

BACKPACKER

I'm not going to give these back, is that all right?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

All right! All customers to the till. Please.

Backpacker takes her hand and leads her to the counter again.

She wipes her eyes as the three customers warily approach them.

BACKPACKER

Ok, I'm going to need you all to bare with me for a moment, just wait a second.

He turns to the Pharmacist and puts his hands on her hips.

BACKPACKER

I'm going to need you to sit up on the counter. So... so just jump up, ok...

She reluctantly nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Ok, and one, and two, and...

She jumps back onto the counter, Backpacker keeps his hands on her hips the whole time.

He looks into her eyes again, but this is cut short when one of the customers is about to speak.

BACKPACKER

Just! Wait a moment.

He smiles to the Pharmacist, shaking the interruption off.

BACKPACKER

What's your name?

The customer behind him who thought that he was her brother looks very concerned.

PHARMACIST

Chantel.

BACKPACKER

That's a very beautiful name, it suits you.

One of the customers turns to leave.

BACKPACKER

Don't you motherfucking move!

He spins around, mad.

The customers freeze.

The anger fades from his face.

BACKPACKER

(over his shoulder)

Ok, I'm going to need you to open my bag.

He takes his bag off and puts it on Pharmacist's lap.

BACKPACKER

Open it.

She unzips the bag, crying again.

BACKPACKER

Oh no... don't give it away yet.

The customers have no idea what is going on. Maybe they think this is some kind of crazy proposal or a prank?

BACKPACKER

Now listen to me, you know what I'm talking about, so just take out three. Three. You understand?

She nods, reaching into the bag.

BACKPACKER

Don't let them see.

He smiles to the three customers, his little audience.

The Pharmacist takes three bullets out of one of the boxes and, in a closed fist, hands them to Backpacker.

Backpacker takes them, pulling the gun, loading it.

Everyone panics, eyes wide, mouths open, short of breath. One of the customers runs for the door.

They pull at them like a mad person, but of course it's locked.

The customer punches the glass, shattering it.

They're about to do it again when...

BANG

Blood and bits of brain splatter on the splintered glass.

Backpacker snickers to himself whilst he heads back to the till.

The two other customers cower on a corner.

B-BANG

Without a thought, Backpacker shoots them in the head.

He looks around him for the Pharmacist.

BACKPACKER

Chantel?

He looks at his the bag on floor and then at the empty store.

Half concerned he turns the corner.

Pharmacist hides below the counter.

BACKPACKER

Here's me thinking you went out a back door of sorts. I don't know, I guess you panicked, right.

He smiles down at her as she whimpers. He still thinks he's the nice guy in this situation.

BACKPACKER

Come on, up you get.

He puts the gun on the counter, then takes her hands to help her to her feet.

BACKPACKER

Ok, I want you to sit on the counter again.

He puts his hand on her hips.

BACKPACKER

You remember how we did it. Yeah?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Ok, and one, and two, and...

She jumps back onto the counter.

Backpacker puts his hands on her thighs as she tries to suppress her terror.

BACKPACKER

Why are you scared?

He waits a moment for her to calm down a little.

BACKPACKER

Why are you scared?

She doesn't know where to look, wet faced, mouth opening and closing, unable to produce words. All she knows is she doesn't want to be here.

BACKPACKER

You're going to have to talk to me now. Look -

(holds up his hands)

I'm harmless.

Backpacker wipes the tears from her face again. He wipes his wet fingertip across her lips, concentrating hard on the process.

The Pharmacist, petrified, does nothing but cringe.

BACKPACKER

It's strange that...

He waits for a response but doesn't get one.

He squeezes her thighs so she jerks, almost jumping off the counter.

BACKPACKER

Come on.

PHARMACIST

What!?

Backpacker is taken aback.

BACKPACKER

Now settle down. There's no need for any outburst of that sort. Look at yourself, you're a lady.

He wipes the hair from her face and leans in as if he's going to kiss her.

BACKPACKER

I won't have it again.

He smiles and pulls back.

BACKPACKER

Anyhow. I said, 'that's strange' and then you said, 'what?'. Or something along those lines. Actually I don't think you said anything, so I guess that means... all eyes on you.

He waits a moment for her response.

PHARMACIST

What?

BACKPACKER

Tears you see... here, lick your lips.

She doesn't want to.

BACKPACKER

Go ahead.

Reluctantly, she does.

BACKPACKER

Salty, isn't it. What am I talking about? I'm talking about things you already know. Right?

He wipes her tears again, this time he tastes them.

BACKPACKER

Right?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Say, do you know why that is?

He waits for an answer.

BACKPACKER

Tears, you know...

(tastes another)

They're salty.

PHARMACIST

Sodium chloride.

BACKPACKER

I know what salt is. But why is it there? In the eyeball, the eye... duct, passageway, whose-ama-what's-it-bit?

PHARMACIST

Fats... in the body.

BACKPACKER

I still don't get it.

PHARMACIST

Most bodily fluids have fats of sorts in them.

BACKPACKER

That's strange you saying that. I thought it was just tears that were salty. I didn't think fats would taste particularly salty either, but what do I know.

Pharmacist shrugs, bewildered, blinking away tears.

BACKPACKER

You see, blood always tasted a bit sweet to me. Don't you think?

Pharmacist shrugs again.

Backpacker sees a spot of blood on the counter, he puts his finger in it.

He puts it to his mouth about to lick, this only freaks the Pharmacist out even more.

BACKPACKER

Probably shouldn't do that.

He's about to wipe his finger on his leg, but stops himself.

BACKPACKER

Do you mind?

He extends his finger to wipe the blood on her lab coat.

She doesn't object. What's she supposed to do? Backpacker rubs his finger on her breast.

This doesn't register in his mind, but she of course is very aware of this.

BACKPACKER

That's why the coats are white, right? To see the blood?

She nods, yes.

He finally gets his finger off her breast.

BACKPACKER

Well, that and authority.

He looks at her for an awkward moment before laughing to himself.

BACKPACKER

Can you believe that I almost put some guy's blood in my mouth?

She looks at the blood smear on her jacket.

BACKPACKER

Dangerous stuff that. Could have gotten the AIDs or something. Well, worse case scenario, because first there had to be the AIDs in the blood and then I had to have a cut in my mouth or something. I don't know how it works though...

He studies her face.

BACKPACKER

Hey, you look kind of glum. What do you say?

She's confused by the question.

BACKPACKER

How do you feel?

She looks at him as the mad man he is. He looks back expectantly.

PHARMACIST

Glum.

BACKPACKER

(laughing his head off)

Shit! Ahh, shit. Shit, you're funny.

She watches him, bemused.

BACKPACKER

How are you not laughing?

She shrugs.

BACKPACKER

Nothing?

Nothing...

BACKPACKER

Nothing. Two funniest guys ever: Eddy Murphy and Charlie Chaplin. Wouldn't you say?

She shrugs.

BACKPACKER

You've heard of them, right?

She shrugs.

Backpacker grabs her shoulders and starts pushing them up and down, making her shrug, his idea of comedy.

BACKPACKER

Is there something wrong with them?

He keeps shaking her. She's the hands of a madman and simply doesn't know what to do.

He'll stop after a while of shaking and laughing...

BACKPACKER

I don't know, I was never a comedian. I'm not much for comedy either. I mean, I know who Eddy is, he does the stand up, right... and you can't help but laugh at Charlie. You know?

He waits for some kind of response.

BACKPACKER

Come on, where's the conversation?

He waits. She's going to have to say something. She panics, thinking of what to say.

PHARMACIST

Uh... Eddy Murphy made films too.

BACKPACKER

No shit! I didn't know that, I'll have to check them out. You like comedy?

PHARMACIST

A bit... I guess.

BACKPACKER

Who'd you know?

She opens her mouth to speak. No names come to mind.

BACKPACKER

It's all right, happens to me all the time. The pressure of your own mind, right?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

What do you like then?

She thinks, clearly not good at being put on the spot.

BACKPACKER

Not just comedy, anything.

She still has no idea.

Backpacker playfully hits the counter a few times, this scares the life out of her.

BACKPACKER

(stopping)

Sorry.

He waits...

PHARMACIST

Music?

Backpacker looks at her and smiles.

PHARMACIST

You... like music?

BACKPACKER

No, not much. What do you like?

PHARMACIST

I don't know...

(Backpacker waits for an answer)

Beyonce.

BACKPACKER

Ugh... don't much like her. Doesn't matter though, it's all subjective.

Pharmacist can only nod.

BACKPACKER

Do you know what? I think I got it. The whole body fluids bit. You remember?

She looks at the blood smear again.

He looks at the blood smear too, bursting out with laughter.

BACKPACKER

It's you, Eddy and Chaplin now, I'm telling you. I don't know, I've got a goofy sense of humour about me sometimes. Anyway, you remember? It's diet. You know the bit about pineapples? You eat them and your cum gets sweeter.

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Really? Who told you about that?

She shrugs.

BACKPACKER

Come on, you can tell me.

PHARMACIST

I'm a doctor, so...

BACKPACKER

Oh, I thought you were just a pharmacist.

She shakes her head, no.

Backpacker looks down at her hands.

BACKPACKER

You have beautiful hands, you know.

He reaches out to take her hands in his. She balls them into fist.

BACKPACKER

Come on, I just want to see...

He takes her wrists, but she keeps her hands closed.

BACKPACKER

It's strange, people don't see the importance of hands. Hands are an integral part of a person, not just for practical reasons, but for social reasons too. To touch is... I don't know, it's magnificent. I mean, whether you believe in reality or not, touch is as good as it gets. Does that make sense?

She shrugs.

BACKPACKER

Well, I thought it did. Could you...

He gently tries to open her hand.

BACKPACKER

I just want to... you don't have to worry.

She opens her hand. He inspects them closely. She has no idea what he's looking for.

BACKPACKER

Would you agree?

He looks at her for an answer.

PHARMACIST

With what?

BACKPACKER

Are hands important to you?

She shrugs.

BACKPACKER

Come on. How many times now?

He imitates her shrugging.

PHARMACIST

I don't know, I don't know.

BACKPACKER

Relax.

PHARMACIST

How can I... you've... you've shot...

BACKPACKER

Keep your mind here. Think about what I'm asking you. It could be important, you know.

PHARMACIST

Important?

BACKPACKER

Yes, important.

PHARMACIST

For what?

BACKPACKER

For... for...

PHARMACIST

You're just going to kill -

BACKPACKER

Who told you that?

He stares down at her, starting to grow a little annoyed.

He drops her hands.

BACKPACKER

Who the fuck said that?

PHARMACIST

Nobody. I'm sorry.

Backpacker doesn't hear her, he's looking right over her shoulder.

BACKPACKER

Hold on, don't move. Do me this favour and don't move. I'm going to leave you, but don't think you're out of reach. You understand?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

You understand?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Ok.

He squeezes her thighs again and leaves her to move around the counter.

Backpacker stands in blood looking out into the empty store.

Pharmacist looks over her shoulder to his turned back.

BACKPACKER

Did you? Did you tell her?... Listen, don't... me? You... you fucking asshole... about things, listen... Listen! Fucking prick, I tell you to do something--Yeah that's fucking right. Like fucking rain, you... Yarbles to your mother! Yarbles to all that too... Yeah?... What!... What!... Really?... Well, come on!

He stops dead.

BACKPACKER

(whispering)

Come on, I want you to do it. I want it, come on, come on, I want it.

He continues to quietly taunt nothing for a moment until he jumps, spins in mid air and...

BACKPACKER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

... screams at the Pharmacist.

She obviously almost dies from the fright.

His scream lasts long, fading into manic laughter.

BACKPACKER

Shooooooo weee!

He laughs a little as he calms himself again.

BACKPACKER

Where were we?

Backpacker's really proud of himself. Pharmacist is more scared than ever, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, almost quivering.

He makes his way back round to her and claps his hands on her thighs.

He sighs, his smile met by her bewilderment.

BACKPACKER

You never told me. What were you eating? Your breath. It just smells so good, you know.

She looks at some hard boiled sweets on the counter.

BACKPACKER

These? Well you could have told me. Ah well, the beauty of pictures, right?

He takes a handful, offering her one.

BACKPACKER

Take your favourite.

She does.

BACKPACKER

I'll have the same.

He unwraps the sweet and throws it into his mouth.

BACKPACKER

What's the matter, not hungry?

She shakes her head, no.

BACKPACKER

That's all right, this isn't food, so it can do you no harm. Here, do you need help?

He takes the sweet from her hand, but then gets an idea.

BACKPACKER

Ok, we're going to play dangerous game. Don't worry, it's not Russian Roulette dangerous... we could play if you wanted to...

He gestures to the gun. She looks at it, horrified.

BACKPACKER

I'm just kidding. Here's the game, it's simple, I take a few steps back and then throw the sweet for you to catch. But no hands, you get what I meant. What do you think?

She doesn't know what to say.

BACKPACKER

Yes, no, maybe, definitely?

She still doesn't know.

BACKPACKER

I'm saying yes, so here we go.

He takes a step back, then looks down at his shoes.

BACKPACKER

This guy's blood gets everywhere. Anyways...

He backs up a little more.

BACKPACKER

Now, the danger of the game is getting your teeth knocked out. Well, it's not, but it is. The real danger is fear, reluctance, you know. You've got to let that go. Loosen up. Come on, let me see you do it.

He shakes his body, loosening up. Reluctantly, she copies, not so enthusiastic.

BACKPACKER

Careful now, don't fall off the counter.

They shake a little more.

BACKPACKER

All right, that should do. Did you get the neck? You know?

He rotates his head in demonstration, she just nods.

BACKPACKER

All right, where we go.

He unwraps the sweet and gets ready to throw.

He stares her in the eyes as he lines up the shot.

BACKPACKER

Tilt your head back a little and open your mouth. Chin forward.

She does.

He continues to line up the shot, taking the whole process very serious.

The Pharmacist awkwardly waits.

BACKPACKER

Remember what I said, don't worry and just trust me.

He aims for a moment more before throwing the sweet.

It arcs perfectly, she hardly has to move her head to catch it. A magnificent shot.

Backpacker goes crazy in celebration, like Randal in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest having just 'won' the vote.

BACKPACKER

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The Pharmacist almost smiles at his excitement.

He runs over, arms over his head, takes her down, hugs her, kisses her then spins her around a couple of times, re-instilling that fear.

He kisses her on the forehead one final time before putting her back down on the counter and cooling off.

BACKPACKER

That was some teamwork. Put it here.

He puts his hand out. She reluctantly shakes it.

Backpacker looks at her as if in love for a moment...

BACKPACKER

Where was--were we?

He waits a while for the answer.

PHARMACIST

Hands.

BACKPACKER

I told you you have beautiful hands?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Well you do, they're wonderful. You've got nice short nails, nice skin, even tone, perfect curves and all. Put it there again. To shake a hand as beautiful as yours again would be an honour.

They shake hands again, awkward not being a word in Backpacker's dictionary.

BACKPACKER

All right, time to settle down.

He jumps up onto the counter to rest his head on her shoulder.

They stay in silence for a while.

She starts to cry.

PHARMACIST

Why?

BACKPACKER

Huh?

PHARMACIST

Why are you doing this?

BACKPACKER

The money. Annabelle. Such and so on...

PHARMACIST

Am I going to die?

BACKPACKER

It's sad... it is, it's sad... no it's not. I can think of something better than that. It's... heart-rending and... woeful. Actually, sad holds weight. This is sad.

PHARMACIST

I'm going to die?

She breaks down, hands waving, trying to ask questions, to get some justifications, but only producing sobs.

Backpacker just watches her.

PHARMACIST

You're going to kill me?

BACKPACKER

Don't say it like that. Look at it this way: we've had fun. Wouldn't you say?

She has no answer.

BACKPACKER

It's ok.

He jumps down from the counter to pick up a bullet from the bag.

The Pharmacist can only cry, trying to accept that this is her end. Alone. Helpless.

Backpacker comes back around and passes her both the gun and a single bullet.

BACKPACKER

This is going to be easy. Don't throw the bullet or point the gun anywhere but where I tell you. All I can say is that torture can be very fun.

She looks at the gun and bullet, inconsolable.

BACKPACKER

Ok, open the cylinder and put the bullet in. Keep your finger away from the trigger and the gun pointed away from me.

He helps her do this.

BACKPACKER

All right, now up it comes, we're going to do this as a team.

He guides her hand to put the barrel against temple.

PHARMACIST

I don't want to. Please, I don't want to...

BACKPACKER

There's no question and no argument. You are going to do this. Now look at me. You are strong, you can do this. Do you think you can?

She shakes her head, no.

BACKPACKER

Yes you can. Yes you can. Nobody's saying you can't and I won't hear it. Not from anybody and not from you. Now, finger on the trigger.

She puts her finger on the trigger.

BACKPACKER

Look into my eyes. I believe in you. Can you do this?

Tears are streaming down her face, she doesn't want to but she nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Good girl. All right, here we go. We go when you want to, but soon, ok?

She nods, yes.

BACKPACKER

Ok, all eyes on you.

They stare into each other's eyes.

She pleads with all the facial expressions and body language she can, lip quivering, corner of her eyes dropping, throat dry, lips wet.

But, Backpacker sustains his reassuring look.

After almost an eternity of waiting...

... she closes her eyes and...

... blows her brains away.

Backpacker catches her so she doesn't fall.

He looks at her face with pure intrigue.

He then gently and respectfully lies her down before collecting the gun and bag.

Forgetting her, he opens up the till with the keys and starts loading money into the bag.

Each coin is put in individually and checked before being let go.


Popular Posts